Learn About the Applications of Our Drilling Fluids
- Mix 12 lbs/bbl of Liquid Casing® II in the open hole section
- Close the hydrill and pressure up on annulus according to the following instructions:
- 100 psi – Hold for two minutes before bleeding off
- 200 psi – Hold for two minutes before bleeding off
- 250 psi – Hold for two minutes before bleeding off.
- Once this procedure has been established, the operator may perform logging processes for as long as necessary without making any short or wiper trips.
- After the logging operation is completed, repeat the pressure test procedures before running the casing and continue with cementing operation.
- The procedure should vary depending on the mud weight used. The following lbs/bbl formulas should be used depending on the mud weight applied:
|MUD WEIGHT||LIQUID CASING® II|
|9 to 13 PPG||12 PPB|
|14 to 18 PPG||9 PPB|
- To obtain a good leak-off test (LOT) value, spot a 50 bbl pill made with Liquid Casing® Coarse at the shoe and rat hole drilled and conduct LOT to attain the desired result.
- Mix 48 bags of Liquid Casing® Fine and 48 bags of Liquid Casing® Coarse in 50/70 bbl’s of mud. After the pill is mixed, then spot pill 15 feet above the casing shoe.
Mix 25 bags of Liquid Casing® Fine and 25 bags of Liquid Casing® Coarse in 50/75 bbl in pill tank using active mud. Once the pill is mixed, pump it downhole and sweep. Take returns over the shaker and some products will pass through the shaker while the rest of the products remains in the active system.
Use 3-4 lbs/bbl of Liquid Casing® Fine in the active system to provide stability and for better reinforcement. This will prevent seepage loss and improve wellbore integrity. Use 1-2 bags of Liquid Casing® Fine for every 100 feet of new hole drilled in order to replenish product depletion while drilling.
Maintain 3 ppb of Liquid Casing® Fine in the entire circulating system.
Mix 150 bbl pill with 300 bags of Liquid Casing® Coarse in the suction pit, spot pill above loss circulation section, pull up and clear out the BHA, and wait 20 minutes.