Our Selection of High-Quality Drilling Additives
Our product line of high-performance drilling fluids is known worldwide as the industry standard in the oil and gas field. We offer a selection of different products that are specially formulated for a wide range of applications.
Liquid Casing® Coarse
Liquid Casing Coarse is a severe loss circulation additive that can be used in oil or water-based muds. The material passes through a ¼” (6,350 microns) dry screen and will not block the jets of the bits or mud motors. This product provides excellent loss circulation control without damaging rheology in all conventional drilling fluids. It is non-damaging and can be pumped through most sizes of bit nozzles without blocking.
How It Works
This product line has an increased particle size distribution compared to our Liquid Casing Fine product. As a result, it interlocks and swells in the fluids to form an effective seal during the drilling process, which increases in efficiency as the pressure increases.
- It is normally used to cure losses when moderate to total losses occur.
- The optimum dosage of the pill is 40-60 ppb in the existing drilling fluid.
- In a non-aqueous fluid system, diesel-based or synthetic oil-based, the maximum allowable dosage of Liquid Casing® Coarse is 40 ppb.
- In a bentonite-based water-based fluid system, the maximum allowable dosage is 50 ppb to 60 ppb.
- In a Polymer, XC-Polymer based, fluid system, the maximum allowable dosage is 60 ppb.
- It can be pumped into the bit and BHA, with MWD tools, at the bottom without any problems or any necessary trips.
- The pill volume should be 100-150 bbl depending on the size of the hole and the severity of the losses. Sometimes, one pill, 150 bbl, may not bring complete returns and an additional pill may be required.
W.O. 1000 is a work/over completion fluid additive, which enables the drilling fluid to seal the perforations and halt fluid invasion. This product eliminates formation damage and substantially reduces idle time by 50%.
In high-pressure wells, before the well-killing operations begin, pump a 20 bbl pill across the perforations.